- When did you start writing? Honestly, looking back, I’ve been writing as long as I can remember. From little bits of nothing really, to short story contest that I won during Halloween, and into my college career. Why it took me so long to pen a book, I’ll never know.
- What motivates you to write? The world around me. The things I see pass by me. The people I’ve met and fallen in and out of love with. Friends that I’ve had and still have. Life is the biggest muse.
- What genre do you write in and what made you chose this particular genre? I write in the m/m genre, or gay romance as some call it. However, Horror is my forte for the time being. I write about what scares me and right now, the world is a pretty intimidating place for gay people. I take modern issues, wrap them in things that go bump in the night, and have the reader consume it that way. Oddly enough, I think it’s easier to do that than to write a contemporary romance with similar themes.
- What is your goal in writing? Do you have dreams where your writing should take you? Oh God, honestly? I would like to make enough money to support my husband and I. I would like to pay off our house, pay off our student loans, and make a life for us. It’s a pipe dream, sure, but its still there.
- Do you ever suffer from writer’s block and if yes, how do you deal with it? I do, on occasion. Some people write through it. I can’t. If there is nothing there, there is nothing there. The late great Robin Williams described being an artist to being attached to this stream of consciousness through a doorway. When that doorway is open, I write. When I don’t. I can’t.
- What advice would you like to give new, hopeful authors? Some would say write, some would say read and I am sure there is truth to both things, but I say watch. Observe the world around you. Take it in. And speak. Nina Simone said it is an artist’s responsibility to reflect the world around them. I take that responsibility pretty seriously.
- Please, tell us about your work. Well, right now I am immersed in writing a series entitled Memoirs of the Human Wraiths. These are stand-alone novels and they begin with The Haunting of Timber Manor, Objects in the Rearview Mirror, and the soon to be released Still Waters. Each book deals with a major theme. The first, is buried secrets. The Second, facing fear. And the Third, revenge. Where this series is going to go, I still am not sure. But we will see.
Outside of that, I have a novella being released through Cool Dudes press called Indigent which will be included in an anthology by the same name. That releases April 25th and it’s for a charity that will take donate all proceeds to homeless shelters in four countries, The United States, The United Kingdom, South Africa, and Australia in an effort to get LGBT kids off the streets.
Thank you for being my guest. It was such a pleasure to have you here!!