Carly Watters, Literary Agent, has published an excellent blog post with title “The Call reversed – what agents like to know about potential authors”. I think this is a phenomenal article for all authors, not only new ones like me.
Authors are usually busy studying up for “the call” (an agent reaching out via phone to offer representation) when they know it’s on the horizon. It’s an exciting time for authors and agents! Resources are everywhere and there are many great guides to “the call” including these:
- Questions to Ask Your Prospective Literary Agent
- What To Ask An Agent
- When Agents Offer Representation
- The Next Set of Questions To Ask Prospective Agents
- 10 Questions to Ask When Offered Representation
- The Call
- 25 Questions to Ask Your Potential Agent
- Questions to Ask Before Signing with an Agent
However, what about the flip side? What do agents like to know about writers when we offer?
What agents like to know about potential fiction authors:
- What are you working on next?
- How long does it take you to write a draft?
- Who are some of your favorite authors?
- What kind of support are you…
View original post 314 more words