Author Jean M. Cogdell provides us with a great point of view about writing in the first person. Thank you very much Jean for your valuable opinion.
Contrary to some critics first person point of view does work. I disagree with those critics (snobs) that argue writing in the first person is a sign of an amateur.
Writing in the first person is my preferred method. I know, I know, I’m not burning up the NYT Best Seller list. Well, not yet but give me time.
But there are many famous, and successful authors that have proved those critics wrong.
- Dean Koontz, Saint Odd
- Victoria Aveyard, Red Queen
- Herman Melville Moby Dick
- Sabaa Tahir, An Ember in the Ashes
- Cynthia Swanson, The Bookseller
- Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games
- John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
And those are just a few!
I enjoy writing when writing in the first person more than third person and I…
View original post 370 more words