We know for quite a while now that Katie loves to cook for her family. As the respective family grows, more and more favorite dishes of the council members and their consorts become known.
But there is one dish the entire ‘Council of Twelve’ would ‘die for.’ (Not literally, of course, since they are the most powerful individuals in existence, but you get the main picture.)
Today the consorts have agreed to publish the recipe. (And no, it’s not Katie’s recipe. That much I can tell you.). In case you are going to try out ‘The Council of Twelve’ member’s favorite dessert, please let me know how you like it.
(for 8 servings)
4 egg yolks
3.52 ounces refined sugar
1 organic lemon
1.1 pounds mascarpone
1.35 fluid ounces Grand Marnier
5.05 fluid ounces very strong, freshly brewed espresso
7.93 ounces ladyfinger cookies
2 Tbsp. dark cacao or chocolate powder
- In a high bowl, mix the four egg yolks to the highest mixer speed and add the refined sugar spoon by spoon until the sugar has dissolved.
- Wash the lemon with hot water, wipe it dry, and rasp the peel’s yellow part into the mascarpone. Don’t rasp the white, lower part of the peel. Stir the mascarpone with the lemon peel
- Mix the mascarpone spoon by spoon with the egg/sugar mass and prepare a big, shallow form. Mix the Grand Marnier with the cooled strong espresso in a small bowl.
- Half of the ladyfinger cookies should now be briefly dipped into the espresso, pulled out, and then spread out on the ground of the shallow form. Cover it with half of the creme and smooth it down.
- Take the rest of the ladyfinger cookies, dip them and cover the creme in the form with them. Then use the rest of the creme to spread it on top of the second cookie-layer and smooth it down.
- The dessert goes into the refrigerator for at least four hours.
- Shortly before serving, use the cacao powder (chocolate powder) and dust the entire form through a sieve.
If you did everything right, the dessert should look like this:
Enjoy! And if you can guess which consort’s recipe this is, you can get the e-book of one of the first three books in ‘The Council of Twelve’ series for free!
Let me know in the comments.