In the past ‘Soul Taker Secret’ posts, we learned that Katie loves cooking, not only for Raphael but all Council members with their consorts. Now, Katie is an enthusiastic cook, but not a particularly good one, even though she made progress by constant learning and her consort friends’ help.
With the help of her ‘sisters,’ Katie developed an exotic salad for the busy members of the ‘Council of Twelve.’
I heard they all loved it – and so do I.
– 1 1/3 cups brown rice
– 5.29 ounces salmon (steamed)
- 2 slices fresh pineapple
- 1 mozzarella (ball)
– 1 bunch fresh thyme
– grated lemon peel (as needed)
– ground black pepper
- Cook the rice in a stockpot full of boiling salted water for approximately 45 to 50 minutes.
- Drain the rice and allow it to cool.
- While the rice cools, prepare the dressing by steaming the salmon with lemon peel and thyme.
- Cook the salmon for approximately 10 minutes, let it cool slightly, then break it up delicately into small pieces.
- Next cut up the mozzarella into cubes and place it on a paper towel for 10 minutes.
- Peel the pineapple and cut two slices into small cubes.
- Plate the salad by placing the cooled rice in a large bowl, add the salmon pieces, the diced mozzarella and pineapple, some grated lemon peel, salt and pepper to taste, and the fresh thyme.
- Refrigerate the salad for a few hours before serving.