It was one of these days when Katie invited the family to an informal dinner. As usual, she had her head full of work and came home late. And here she was, panicking. We all know she’s not the best cook between Heaven and Earth, and being late and not having an enormous choice in the pantry, made her hyperventilate.
She was lucky to have Zepheira peeking in and finding her, almost in tears. Zye, helpful as ever, jumped in and found whatever was around. Together with Katie, she created a wonderful, rich dinner for The Council Of Twelve and their consorts:
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken (a rotisserie chicken works great for this recipe)
- 2 cans (10 ounces, each) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen broccoli florets OR 2 cups fresh steamed chopped broccoli
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked shredded chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Then add in all the remaining ingredients. Gently stir to combine mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread out evenly. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with cooked rice or egg noodles! (we prefer the rice)