At this moment, I want to thank Byford’s Books for nominating ‘Writer’s Treasure Chest’ for this wonderful award. I believe that the ‘Liebster Blog’ Award is an excellent chance to showcase our work and spread the word about our personal art as well as knowing other blogger’s inspiration.
I am proud and thankful to be given this opportunity to share a few drops of information about me if you like.
There are a few rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
My questions from Byford’s Books:
If you could have afternoon tea with one fictional character who would it be?
I strongly think it would be Dirk Pitt, the manifold hero in numerous action books and stories, written by Clive Cussler. I am fascinated by a Character this eclectic that a heroic character can cold-bloodedly kill – and still be loved by women and readers (I figure in most cases they are one and the same.) As a side note, I would be quite curious if it’s true that Dirk Pitt makes ladies’ blood boil. Mine hasn’t even steamed for quite a while…
If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, which would it be?
That’s difficult to answer. But I’ll try. There was a TV show a few years back which I loved: ‘Leverage’. I think it would have been enormous fun to be part of this group of people. A thief, a hacker, a former insurance investigator, a fighter and weapon expert and a professional scammer form a team and start working for the good side.
Which book has influenced you the most?
I think I can with a clear conscience say it was James Clavell’s ‘Shogun’ who has as well impressed as also influenced me the most. John Blackthorn, the protagonist, is, in my opinion, one of the most complex characters I’ve ever read of. This book is, and I believe, justifiably so, called one of the best books ever written.
If you could time travel would you go to the past or the future?
To the past. (And please, don’t ask me why… I might reply that I loved the long, beautiful dresses that were worn by women back then.)
What is your favorite quote?
“Don’t let anyone ever make you feel that you don’t deserve what you want!!!” (Patrick Verona in ‘Ten things I hate about you’.)
Which author inspires you?
There are many authors. But I think I am inspired by Eric Van Lustbader, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Marc Olden – and many more.
Which author (dead or alive) would you want to be trapped in an elevator with for 24 hours? (I don’t mean dead in the elevator with you!)
Thanks for the clarification. *chuckle*
I would say; I’d love to be trapped in an elevator with Jane Austen. She seems to have been not only an excellent writer but also a unique and straightforward personality.
Where would you like to be in 10 years time?
I can’t tell you. Sometimes I’m not exactly sure where I’ll be in two weeks.
Who is your favorite band/artist?
Another hard question to answer. There are many great musicians. Before I start creating a list with 25 country music singers, be informed that I love country music, and it is quite hard to decide on one of them being my favorite.
I am, however, a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen!
And: there is one Country Music Band whose songs have helped me through a hard time in my life and which I will always be grateful for: “Brian Lynn Jones & The Misfit Cowboys”. They might not be known all over the world. But they’re amazing!!
What is your favorite movie?
I feel like being 300 years old replying to this question: My favorite movie is ‘Casablanca’… ugh… I’m so old fashioned!!
Tell me one random fact about yourself?
My favorite color is ‘teal’.
Thanks for reading!
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
Check out my Facebook Author Page
Welcome to my Website
Here are my nominees:
- Novels by Jennifer Hinsman
- Veronica Bale’s Blog
- Chris, The Story Reading Ape’s Blog
- August McLaughlin
- Bette A. Stevens
- Kristina Stanley
- Suzie Speaks
- Jens Thoughts
- Rachel Poli
- Walk On
My questions for you all: (Some borrowed from Byford’s Books)
- If you could have dinner with one fictional character who would it be?
- If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, which would it be?
- Which was the book that has impressed you the most as a kid?
- If you could pick a random spot anywhere on Earth, where would you like to travel right now?
- What is your favorite book quote?
- Which author inspires you?
- Which celebrity (dead or alive) would you want to be trapped in an elevator with for 24 hours? (I don’t mean dead in the elevator with you!)
- Is there any place in the world you would rather live than you do now?
- Who is your favorite band/artist?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Tell me one random fact about yourself?
Enjoy your Award and keep writing!!