This year ‘Writer’s Treasure Chest’ celebrates its 2nd anniversary.
Within these two years the post has made huge steps forward. I’m proud to present a few numbers here:
– 723 posts
– almost 3,900 comments
– 722 followers!
– over 30’000 views
All these posts, all these comments, the interviews, the Spotlights, blog tours, pictures, smiles and all the fun! None of this would have been possible without you, followers, readers, visitors and friends.
I want to take the chance at this point to say THANK YOU! Thanks so much for your visits, for the time you sacrifice to read, to comment, to share, re-blog and smile with me and all of us! It’s you who made this journey such a pleasure for me!!
Storyteller (writer, filmmaker, public speaker) Mitch Teemley has nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award and has really made my day! Thank you so much, Mitch. You know how to make a girl happy, don’t you? (Did I just say this? Oops *blush*)
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Thank the blogger/s who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post about the Blogger Recognition Award
- Briefly tell how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 bloggers to give this award to
How I started
When I finally got my guts together and decided to become a writer with the goal to be published I was told I needed to go public. “Be on Social Media, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter – and in particular start blogging!” It took a while until I had found what to blog about: My craft. How do I learn to be a writer? What does it need for me to be a better writer – and how am I progressing? That’s why I started a blog for writers where I can share not only my own experiences, but introduce other writers and in particular share what I learn from them… great writers, more experienced ones than I am.
Two Pieces of Advice
- Write as often and as easily as you can. You are a writer when writing is what makes you happier than anything else.
- Learn “how to” do things in the writing process. Every step forward, every piece of advice that is given to you, try to include and use it. But don’t just follow others like sheep. Learn which process works for you and which one doesn’t.
This morning I was very pleased to find an amazing surprise! I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by a wonderful lady, writer and blogger, Cheryl Write. Thank you so much for this nomination! Please check out her blog “Plucking of my Heartstrings” which I follow and is always a great read!
Here are the rules for accepting the award:
1. Thank the lovely person who nominated your blog and follow them.
2. Display the award and add this set of rules to your post so that your nominees will know what to do
3. Nominate 15 other great blogs listing them in your post and notifying them via a link in one of their blog posts.
4. List 7 interesting facts about yourself to the post.
7 Facts About Me : )
- I’m a Capricorn.
- I don’t drink alcohol.
- There’s few things I like better than kissing ‘my man’.
- Three cats are not more work than two – but more joy.
- I can’t stand eating soup, not even when I’m sick.
- I love to feel wind in my hair.
- I was once told that I’ve got the heart of a dragon and a tiger and that this is very rare to be found in a woman – I still don’t know if I should be happy or insulted. LOL
Bloggers That I Am Nominating
I know that some bloggers don’t participate in blog awards, for a multitude of reasons. Please know that I understand if you do not wish to accept this nomination. This isn’t just about your accepting but also about recognition of your creativity and impressive blogging ability. I wish I could have added many more bloggers and I regret the rules limit the list to 15.
Thank you all for providing us with amazing blog posts!