Storyteller (writer, filmmaker, public speaker) Mitch Teemley has nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award and has really made my day! Thank you so much, Mitch. You know how to make a girl happy, don’t you? (Did I just say this? Oops *blush*)
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Thank the blogger/s who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post about the Blogger Recognition Award
- Briefly tell how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 bloggers to give this award to
How I started
When I finally got my guts together and decided to become a writer with the goal to be published I was told I needed to go public. “Be on Social Media, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter – and in particular start blogging!” It took a while until I had found what to blog about: My craft. How do I learn to be a writer? What does it need for me to be a better writer – and how am I progressing? That’s why I started a blog for writers where I can share not only my own experiences, but introduce other writers and in particular share what I learn from them… great writers, more experienced ones than I am.
Two Pieces of Advice
- Write as often and as easily as you can. You are a writer when writing is what makes you happier than anything else.
- Learn “how to” do things in the writing process. Every step forward, every piece of advice that is given to you, try to include and use it. But don’t just follow others like sheep. Learn which process works for you and which one doesn’t.
- POTL All Things Books, Reading And Publishing – by N. N. Night
- Magic of Books – by Meg
- A Writer’s Workshop – by Kristen Twardowski
- Soulfultroubadur.com – by F. E. Feeley jr.
- Blog and Website of Author Toni Pike
- Blog “My Writings” – by Mick Canning
- I read. I write. I create – by Rachel Poli
- The Quill that Shatters Glass – by Tanya Cliff
- Writing & Coffee, Especially Coffee – by Barb Traub
- Blog and Website of Author Linda W. Yezak
- Blog and Website of Alison Williams
- Smorgasbord – by Sally Cronin
- Vampire Maman – by Juliette Kings
- Website and Blog of Author Nicholas C. Rossis
- Blog of Author Don Massenzio